Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Wednesday - Or: Space Girls Gone Wild?

Actually, "Space Girls Gone Wild" is apparently the title of the Power Girl arc coming at the end of September. But it sort of put me in a bad mood going into PG #2 this week, so I thought I'd run with that.

But first: Supergirl #43 was anti-climactic, but I guess that was the point. With the upcoming crossovers that will be required to follow the next arc, I'm not sure I'll stick with it. The art's not anything special (not bad, just not special) and as interested as I am in seeing Kara stick it to her mom (and find out what sort of twist is going on with Lana, because if it's cancer, wtf) I'm not sure if the budget's going to allow plunking down extra money on Action Comics, or whatever the crossover is.

I have Captain America #600 just because... I should. But I'm so annoyed at Marvel for bringing Steve Rogers back (there best be a catch) that I haven't read it yet. I'll get to it later.

I was really looking forward to the start of Streets of Gotham, and I wasn't disappointed. It jumped around a little, but the narrative was a good glimpse into the minds of Gotham's citizens, and the people related to the Bat but not part of the Bat-family. I liked the style, and the last page was absolutely gorgeous.

The Manhunter co-feature is engaging. I know nothing about the character whatsoever, but what I now know (single mom, attorney on both sides of the courtroom, new Gotham ADA, sarcastic, UST with Babs) I like. I wouldn't buy the title just for the co-feature, but if SoG ever has a bad issue, I think Manhunter will keep me going.

I also picked up Batman #686 and #687, but that's sort of old news and I haven't read them yet.

Mostly I want to bitch about Power Girl. Actually, I think I'll do that in a separate post.

No comments:

Post a Comment